June 2, 2019
Present: Marjory Bankson (recorder), Peter Bankson, Ken Burton, Cynthia Dahlin, Joan Dodge, Elizabeth Gelfeld, Judy Lantz, David Lloyd, Sandra Miller (worship), Trish Nemore, Brenda Seat, Keith Seat, Deborah Sokolove Glen Yakushiji (moderator), Jacqie Wallen.
Absent: Michele Frome, Vincent Shepherd, Margreta Silverstone.
Worship: Sandra played a recording of “Love Will Guides Us,” and then we named a gift that we embody by writing it on beautiful paper – to post and meditate on at home.
Housekeeping: Stewards will next meet on Sunday, July 7, 5:30pm at the church.
Moderator: Dave Worship: Cynthia
Recorder: Judy Angels: Elizabeth & Joan
1) SLT Report: Contents of Building Storage Areas (Brenda & Dave)
After 15 years in our building, the storage areas are bulging. Brenda presented 2 copies of a massive photographic inventory, which was then circulated. Stewards who wanted to be consulted about any of the contents shown were to mark one copy.
- Brenda will follow-up with conversations about what to do with the “stuff.”
2) Community Review (Joan)
For people not in mission groups, we went over names and various Stewards identified what various connections we have with regular attenders and newer visitors too.
3) CoS Council Report (Keith)
* Council is considering an “inclusivity statement” for Callings and the website (included below) which has been drafted by our webmaster, Matthias Martin. Discussion at the Council encouraged a simpler statement and a working group was appointed: Kent Beduhn, Ted Smith, Matthias Martin and Marjory. Because of her work at Wesley, Deborah volunteered to join the working group.
The Church of the Saviour believes in the fellowship of all believers and is an ecumenical faith community, rooted in the teachings of Jesus Christ who was radically inclusive. We believe that God created the great diversity of humanity as a means for our shared growth, deepening our humanity through our mutual love amid differences. All people are welcome and invited to our worship, and all are able to fully participate in all aspects of church and missional life including leadership, sharing, and sacraments regardless of any identity category such as race, religion, gender, sexuality, age, ability, immigration status, criminal background, etc. You are loved by God just the way you are and we love you too.’
* The CoS Friendship Directory update is nearly complete. It will be posted in a secure area on the website (InwardOutward.org) and 100 hard copies will be printed.
* Dayspring made its’ annual report and a summary financial statement for 2018 has finally been created (attached).
* InwardOutward is still looking for a Saturday missions editor – someone who can seek out stories of call and service in the wider CoS community.
5) Note: Seekers Fall Silent Retreat, Sept 27-29, will be led by Peter Bankson.
Pastoral concerns – no notes.
One Steward to share: Judy Lantz shared major events in her life this past year.
Meeting ended with Soul talk.
Submitted by Marjory Bankson
June 3, 2019