August 7, 2011
1. The meeting was held at Seekers Church
2. Present: Ken Burton, Dave Lloyd, Brenda Seat. Keith Seat, Sandra Miller, Lewise Busch, Jill Joseph, Peter Bankson, Marjory Bankson, Deborah Sokolove, Cynthia Dahlin, Pat Conover, Trish Nemore, Jacqie Wallen, Jesse Palidofky attended to share in the remembrance of Kate Cudlipp.
3. Absent: Will Ramsey, Margreta Silverstone
4. Worship: Sandra led us in worship by remembering Kate and reading a poem by Joyce Rupp.
5. Next meeting: The next meeting will be on Sunday, Sept. 4th at 5:30 and will be held at the Nemore-Conover summer house. The moderator will be Trish, Marjory will take notes, Deborah will lead worship, and the dinner angels will be Sandra and Jill.
6. Talking about Kate Stewards shared reflections and memories about Kate. Brenda, Marjory, and Peter shared information about her accident, last days, and death. More memories of Kate were shared. Then individual stewards shared what they knew about the many responsibilities that Kate carried at Seekers so that we could begin to discuss how we could pick them up and share them.
7. The Guatemala pilgrimage: Peter and Marjory presented on this year’s successful Guatemala pilgrimage, which they led this year, and for which Aeren Martinez provided planning and support. The project expanded a 2 room school and more than paid for itself with enough left over to provide an honorarium to Aeren, a donation to PAVA, and scholarships for some of the participants. PAVA has agreed to take on more of the planning and support next year.
8. Birthday month: Keith and Ken shared more deeply because it was their birthday month.
9. Soul talk: After a time for Soul Talk, the meeting closed with prayer.
Notes submitted by Jacqie Wallen
August 31, 2011