December 3, 2017
Present: Marjory Bankson (recorder), Peter Bankson, Kevin Barwick (angel), Ken Burton, Cynthia Dahlin, Joan Dodge (angel), Michele Frome, Judy Lantz, David Lloyd (moderator), Sandra Miller (worship), Trish Nemore, Brenda Seat, Keith Seat, Margreta Silverstone, Deborah Sokolove, Jacqie Wallen, Glen Yakushiji.
Absent: Vincent Shepherd.
Visitor: Bettina del Sesto
Worship: Sandra read from a sermon by Rev. Victoria Stafford on meeting at the point of hope.
Housekeeping: Stewards will next meet on Sunday, January 7, 5pm at the church.
Moderator:Ken Worship: David
Recorder:Judy Angels: Kevin and Glen
- 2018 Budget (attached) was approved.
- 2018 updated calendar
was handed out for planning purposes. SLT requests that additions to those regular items be submitted at least two weeks in advance.
- Judy’s question: where should recommendations from the Children’s Team regarding baptism should be directed? Brenda said, “to the Celebration Circle mission group.”
- Ecumenical Council: Keith
At the November meeting, discussion centered on whether C of S needs a staff person to replace Kayla. Matthias Martin (Jubilee Church) has submitted his name for consideration. The other issue was about developing a more robust C of S website.
Dave suggested that we put these items on the January agenda for Stewards.
Keith announced that the Festival Center Board will be repurposing the library room for rental income and is looking for a good home for the books, which are hardly ever used.
Bettina reminded people that the core collection came from Bill Price (Peacemakers) and should be preserved. The question is “where?”
- Boston Declaration: Trish
The question: should we publish this 5-page document on our website?
Because it was a political statement about the teachings of Jesus affirmed by many pastors, there was general agreement that we should publish a short summary on the homepage with a link to the basic document. Approved.
- Bettina requested that Stewards send a card to her friend, Tony, who is in a nursing home. That was circulated at dinner.
- Noting that Vince has missed many meetings because of his work at the Hebrew Home, Stewards are encouraged to be in touch with him outside of our meetings.
The meeting concluded with personal sharing, a holiday dinner, Cynthia’s craft project of making “valentines” for people in Seekers that we want to thank for special gifts to the community, and a round of tender Christmas stories.
Submitted by Marjory Bankson
Dec 4, 2017